How to Spend Your Birthday the Right Way?

New Year, Valentine's Day, Christmas, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day are some of the occasions that we celebrate once a year. But probably one of the occasions that we really take time to prepare is our birthday. To think of it, it's not really that exciting to know that you have aged a year again. Is our birthday really worth celebrating? Or are we just wasting a lot of money for getting older? Getting old is not something that we should really celebrate, but nevertheless it is part of human life. What we should really celebrate is the fact that our lives have been extended for a complete whole year; not everyone is given that opportunity. But when can we say that we had a well spent birthday?

When I was still a little kid, I used to be excited whenever my birthday comes. I think that it is fancy to get old. I always tell to myself that I want to get older because I want to have the freedom that the adults have. Now that I am old enough, that excitement that I felt slowly fades. I always felt like I want to go back to my childhood, I want to have the freedom that children has again. What the irony, right. When you are young, celebrating your birthday is all about the gifts, the foods on the table, the party, and almost all of the fancy things in the eyes of a child. But once you get mature, we tend to long for much simpler but meaningful things. So if it's not the material things that makes our birthday special, then what does?

Quality time with my loved ones, that's what makes our birthday special; being surrounded by the people we care. As I always tell to myself, life is not forever, and being able to celebrate your birthday is both gift and a privilege. Having spent your birthday with the people you love makes it extra special, as to we don't know until when can we be with them. So instead of celebrating our birthday in the most grandiose way, why not try celebrating it in a solemn way. And that is to have quality time with our parents, siblings, and love ones. Spend more time with them and create memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. Be with them, while we still have the chance. That is the right way to spend our birthday.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Treasures of Eastern Samar: Minasangay and Canhugas

Life's In A Mess?